2007 Graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee Bachelor of Science, Architectural Studies
2012 (Expected) Graduation from the University of Kansas, Masters of Architecture
Professional work experience
2011-2012 Studio 804, Kansas City-Lawrence, KS
A collaborative and comprehensive Design+Build studio in conjunction with the University of Kansas. Involved in all levels of design and implementation from schematic design through design documentation to the physical labor of construction and construction management. Ability to find, source and install architectural products of the highest quality. Demonstrated ability to identify and prevent or solve architectural conflicts in the field. Lead the team in architectural detailing, documentation and coordination.
2011 360 Architecture, Kansas City, MO
Collaborated on programming and creation of multiple schematic design options of a large collegiate project.
2007 – 2010 IA – Interior Architects, Chicago, IL (Job Captain)
Participated all aspects of design, from initial concept through design development to finish details and construction management. Communicated design intent and collaborated with clients, brokers, engineers and fellow architects and designers to ensure consistency and quality of finished product. Continuously demonstrated an ability to adapt and perform well in a fast-paced and quality design environment.
2005 – 2006 Engberg Anderson Design Partnership, Milwaukee, WI (Intern)
Worked with architects and designers in creating working and presentation materials. Completed building surveys and prepared construction documents.
2004 – 2005 University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee: Maintenance
Knowledge of building systems with the ability to investigate and troubleshoot to provide on site repairs. Provided 24 hour emergency repair. Managed work crew.
Honors and activities
- 2008 - 2010 Various volunteering opportunities included Boys and Girls Club, DIFFA, and marketing/brand development for several Non-Profit Organizations.
- 2007 - 2010 Young Architects Forum
- 2008 - 2009 Participated and helped manage teams in National Rebuilding Day with AIA Chicago to complete “heavy build” renovations within one day.
- 2007 Graduated Cum Laude and Dean’s List
- 2007 Recipient of Haworth grant; Study of workplace performance (1 of 6)
- 2006 Selected to participate in ‘AIA 150 Blueprint for America’ studio. Awarded 2007 NCARB prize.
- Design development
- Project standards/strategy
- Research based design
- Architectural Detailing
- Construction Administration
- AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino+Grasshopper, SketchUp, Digital Rendering
- Brand identity
- Digital photography
- Layout+Grid design
- Web design
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Corel Painter